- harnessing the user in both design and implementation of services,
- embracing constant change as a development cycle over the traditional notion of upgrades,
- and reworking library services to meet the users in their space, as opposed to ours (libraries.)
1. Read two or three of the perspectives on Library 2.0 from the list below. Create a blog post about your thoughts on any one of these.
2. Library 2.0 - It's many things to many people. What does it mean to you? What does it mean for school libraries?
OCLC Next Space Newsletter – Web 2.0: Where will the next generation of the web it take libraries?
Away from Icebergs
Into a new world of librarianship
To more powerful ways to cooperate
To better bibliographic services
To a temporary place in time
Wikipedia – Library 2.0 Library 2.0 Discussions (list of great references from Wikipedia)
The Horizons Report - 2008 Applications of emerging technologies to teaching, learning, and creative expression.
We hope you're enjoying all the exercises you've done so far. Keep having fun exploring and thinking about Web 2.0/Library 2.0/School Library 2.0